“There is a wildness in the air, a spice that belongs to more than lilacs or the sweet woodruff blooming beneath the trees. Ferns glisten with morning dew, and somewhere, lovers conspire to meet at sundown.”
– Michele Morgan
It’s June 1st, and I’m back to monthly posts for these essence posts. Thanks, it’s great to be back.
Things have settled right down, I’m feeling much more ‘myself’ and I even finished reading a book. I know, crazy right?
Reflections on the Journey
i. Read 12 books: 1/12 – Huzzah! I finished reading The Chimp Paradox, which my counsellor asked me to read in May 2018. I’ll talk about it in my book review post, but it was worth taking a bit of time to digest. And I’m already 40% through Insurgent by Veronica Roth.
ii. Edit The Felled Gods: I wrote 281 words this month, and realised what one of my key blocks with the plot is. I’m not yet in a place to fix the issue, but identifying the issue is 50% of the process in writing.
iv. Level-up my Wellness Routines: This has been my main focus, and now we’re into June, I feel so much better. I’m focusing on mindfulness and mantras over reading and writing fiction; just to ensure I stay on this steady level again.
v. Connection Evolution: Although my social events were a little sparse this month, I connected with colleagues, had a bunch of new coaching calls which also lights my fire, and had dinner with both my parents and my in-laws.
Smoke and Ember
The cats are both well; play-fighting as only the spring-summer shift brings out in them. Ember brought me her catnip-hedgehog at 1am just this morning, slobbering in my ear. The neighbour’s cat is being friendly and looks well-kept which is always reassuring to see.
Smoke is no longer afraid of my Swing Chair, although Ember assumes it’s some kind of trap!
Jumping the Wall…
- We began painting the living room, after nearly 4 years in this house.
- My new phone arrived, and it’s definitely got some skills in taking photographs.
- Moar Coaching! If you’ve got a shelf on self-help books you can’t act upon, maybe I can help.
- I finished one book and made progress on another.
- I had my monthly soul-chat with my friend Aiyana, which always lights up my day.
- My friend Ellie is offering editing and writing support (She’s amazing!) in her Hero cape.
The Path Ahead…
- In June we are finishing painting the living room, going on holiday for 4 days, and I’m putting the finishing touches on the Bring About Balance course ready for a July 1st open date!