:: The Dalai Lama ::
December marked the end of 2016: the process of reflection meeting plans for the future.
Reflections on the Journey
i. Read 12 books: 13 / 12 – In December, I finished reading a book about mental health, and read a pretty awesome novella. I’ve definitely enjoyed reading more without having such high expectations.
ii. Edit novel draft ready for submission: 1/1 submission – This month I worked on a short story which I plan to submit in 2017.
iii. Track my wordcount and aim for 100,000 words: 90,244/100,000 words – In December I wrote 8,057 words. Considering I re-assessed my goal to 75,000, and I passed 90k, I’m ticking this one off.
iv. Re-create a wellness routine: For December, I picked up a goal of daily yoga, and I made a pepper & rice meal with soya sausages, and peanut butter cookies as our ‘new recipes’ for the month. Work got stressful, but I volunteered to work on an education project which got me out of the office a couple of times.
As my husband was providing healthcare on Christmas Day, we celebrate Yuletide with a movie, and got takeaway on Christmas Eve instead of an official married adventure for this month.
December’s Experience Collected
Total XP for December: 1,200/1,250
Total XP towards Level Up: 5,925/7,500
Jumping the Wall…
- I got the results of my two exams: passing both.
- Smoke’s chin is all better, so the cats are back outside.
- I worked on Skeletal and a short story across the month.
- Yuletide prep took more time than I’d first realised, but was worth it.
- We saw family across the month, which was lovely.
- I saw my parents and in-laws on Christmas day.
- I set up a RedBubble account following a query about my photographs. Feel free to grab a print or poster here.
The Path Ahead…
- I’m planning for the year to come, although keeping those ideas loose and flexible.
- I’m hoping to submit that short story in January.