It turns out I scheduled posts for every week except this one. Oops. As things are still up in the air, here’s a brief weekend works-in-progress update.
1) I submitted a short story to an anthology last week.
2) A magazine article I wrote has been accepted.
3) My mum’s health stuff is ongoing; they’ve offered her more treatment, but it’s not as simple as we’d like.
4) My day-job team held a mini-party for my leaving, including my favourite type of cake. Om nom nom.
5) Next week I’ve booked appointments with the dentist, to give blood and catch-up lunch with an old University friend. I’ll try to fit in a game or two of tennis.
6) So far today I’ve written over 700 words of TFG — the most novel written in one day since mid-May. Feels good to be making progress again.
7) Tomorrow we’re seeing my parents & in-laws. And thus also my parent’s cats, of course.
8) I made trifle, despite not having any sponge fingers. It turned out fine. Pro tip – bread works.
How has your week been going?