September settled around us and now, October beckons. The month of movement has passed.
At the beginning of the year I set myself four goals: track my daily wordcount, write a minimum of once a week, “sort out” Resilience, and submit my manuscript to someone by July 1st.
So, how did I do?
i. The Daily Word Count
I completed a #writechain of 76 days, editing 55 words each day and then, when I began drafting The Felled Gods, writing at least 286 a day.
This month I wrote 15,194 words.
Kindling: From 33,463 To 36,275
The Felled Gods: From 0 To 11,470
Sekrit Project I: From 4,094 To 4,520 [Submitted]
ii. Write Once a Week
While completing my 76 days of #WriteChain goal, I succeeded in this task.
iii. Work on Resilience
Resilience is now unlikely to be worked on this year.
iv. Work Towards Submission by
July October May2015
Having completed 10k in 8 days, I’m currently set to be submitting something by next May.
v. Read 24 Books
Not strictly a writing goal, but with my annual attempt to rekindle my label of “avid-reader” I’m trying to set an achievable goal of one book a fortnight. Fingers crossed I can still catch up…
This Month’s Score: 3/2
This Year’s Score: 15/18
In Other News
* I moved in with O.H. We made origami dinosaurs, so far have had pancakes every Saturday morning, gamed a lot and ordered furniture. We now has a sofa.
* And yes, since everyone’s asking, it’s going fine/well/it’s all gravy etc. 🙂
* I attended FantasyCon 14, taking part in the Geek version of Pointless and playing new card games for the first time (Be A Bard / Cards Against Humanity). I picked up a dance routine so fast I ended up with my own flashmob/group of people following my steps at the disco. Loved meeting so many new writers.
* I received a rejection for a competition entry, and officially submitted a short story to an anthology.
* I edited Kindling, re-working the plot as I went. Although the progress was small, it was good to return to the world and find it wasn’t as broken as I’d first thought.
* I began my new Mental Health job in earnest; training youth workers about educating young adults about their well-being. In fact the day this posts, I’m co-facilitating another session.
* I planned The Felled Gods – and then actually started it as a possible early NaNoWriMo project. So far, so good.