1) What is the working title of your book?
Planes Shifter is the first book in my series, though it used to be called Wings of Skell.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
The image of Alina in a dusty village with a bird of prey just appeared. I had to get to know her; and find out what their story was.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Young Adult Fantasy
4) Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
It’s a difficult one. I guess the main character resembles Katie McGrath, and if I had to pick someone to play Jeriah, it would be Ian Somerhalder.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
(I hate this bit; it never feels I can do the book justice…)
The heir to the throne escapes bandits to join a faction of assassin’s and take her mothers place, as a falcon and a man begin to understand their connection with her.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Ideally represented by an agent but as it’s currently in the hands of betareaders, I have time to work this out for sure.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
Nine months, though of that, only about 2-3 months actual writing time. It spent a lot of time sitting. The second draft took about a month and a half.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Not a clue. I guess if I had to, the Immortals series by Tamora Pierce, but then, not really…
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
Skell. I had the image of Alina and him together, and of the kingdom she begins in. I just had to find out what that was all about.
10) What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Depends what they like to read, but there’s magic, romance, murder, adventure and myth all rolled up, so if that’s your cup of tea, then great.